Reporting to the Head – Supply Chain, the Logistics Officer will support the Head of Supply Chain through planning, coordinating, and monitoring logistics operations such as warehousing, inventory, distribution, transportation, and supply chain processes.
1. Plan and monitor inbound and outgoing deliveries of all of 260 Brands’ finished products across all provinces in Zambia to ensure orders received are fulfilled timely (OTIF – On time and In Full)
2. Coordinate with the Sales & Marketing team to ensure maintenance of customer database and planned routes
3. Ensure that the routes are enforced daily and as per plans.
4. Customs Management: proactively managing and reporting the import and export of goods and materials into and out of Zambia
5. Negotiate competitive pricing with third party logistics providers and make contracts
6. Organize warehouse in terms of inventory management, labelling of finished products and planned routes
7. Ensure drivers expense for traveling out and back and value of goods loaded is being recorded
8. Assess budgets against weekly mileage covered with cost of fuel used to ensure cost optimization
9. Update and evaluate metrics to assess performance of supply chain deliveries and implement enhancements
10. Coordinate with Workshop between any fleet breakdowns as well as accidents to optimize turnaround time for vehicles to be roadworthy
11. Ensure that all motor vehicles are clean, road worthy (valid road tax, fitness and insurance)
12. Manage daily activities of logistics team of drivers and ensure optimal performance through talent development, mentorship and leadership of a team
13. Coordination with bike riders, tricycle riders and drivers for miscellaneous, administrative tasks as they arise.
14. Close coordination with regional depot managers for inventory replenishment and regional deliveries
15. Ensuring all statutory and company adherence for food safety management systems, as well as compliance for health and safety standards
16. Take lead to coordinate claims for any unforeseen accidents or fraudulent activities with drivers and riders, as well as vehicles across the entire company
17. Required to be available 24/7 via phone, to address any concerns from drivers and riders
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain or Relevant field
2. Minimum 5-7 years work experience in related role
3. In depth knowledge of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) industry
4. Solid understanding of logistics and inventory management software
5. Outstanding analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
6. Excellent written and oral communication skills;
7. Excel computer skills (Microsoft Excel and Word; Google Maps etc);
8. Demonstrate strong attention to detail in order to oversee daily operations and logistics employees
9. Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
To apply, please send a CV and copies of your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also fill out the short assessment survey here.