Job specification and duties:
- To establish and monitor policies and procedures that will help the company meet its sales and risk management goals.
- Monitoring and evaluating active accounts to reduce or prevent bad debt losses.
- Keep policies and procedures current and communicate them to subordinates and to other affected parties.
- To listen to input from sales and sales management and then look for ways to help the sales department achieve its goals without damaging your department’s ability to manage risk and control payment delinquency to acceptable levels.
- Control the costs to operate the credit and collection functions.
- Review strategic credit positions.
- Assess Changes in Largest Exposures.
- Assess if all credit exposures are covered and mapped.
- Report all significant risks.
- Ensure credit risk reports reach all relevant parties.
- Discuss significant credit risks if any with top management.
- Conduct stress and scenario testing and analysis of portfolio at global levels.
- Ensure no relevant scenarios are missed in testing of new products.
- Ensure all transactions have full and proper documentation.
- Ensure credit protection is fully understood and utilized where applicable.
- Establishing and communicating department goals and performance results to subordinates.
- To staff the department, train its employees and delegate work to meet senior management’s expectations and the market’s requirements.
- To actively support employee growth through training, performance reviews, mentoring and coaching.
- To meet corporate standards relating to managing subordinates, avoiding conflicts of interest, communicating with customers, and interacting with peers and superiors.
- Providing support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organisation.
- Credit assessments on loan applications submitted by the credit teams.
- Validation and inspection of documents submitted for correctness and fraud checks.
- Recommending loan applications assessed to the various credit committees.
- Credit Review of FIDs (Fist Instalment Default) and repossessed vehicles on a monthly basis.
- Compile a monthly Credit Review report and submit and present to the Credit Committee.
- Responsible for ensuring that the valuation of all collateral vehicles is done.
- Responsible for following up to ensure valuation reports are presented to Izwe within agreed timelines as stipulated by the service level agreement for valuation.
- Responsible for arrangement of RTSA change of ownership into Izwe, Insurance Endorsement and Pacra collateral Perfection.
- Must ensure receipt & safe custody of the collateral documents.
- Responsible for ensuring all tracking devices are fitted to the vehicle used as a security and actively monitored throughout before and after disbursement of the loan.
- Ensure that security used to secure the loan is comprehensively insured and company’s interest noted in the cover policy by the insurance company before and during loan tenure/term.
- Responsible for the filing of all Car4Cash contract documents after payment is made by finance. This includes the Contract Highlights Form which is also to be signed by clients.
- Responsible for the completion of files for disbursement.
- Responsible for scanning all documents to complete soft copy version of file.
- Work hand in hand with the collections team to update daily sales report and collections.
- Responsible for general customer service of department’s clients.
- Responsible for any additional tasks instructed by Management from time to time.
- Degree in Business related fields.
- At least 2 years working experience in a Credit Analyst role.
- Good analytical skills; previous experience in similar role in a reputable institution would be advantageous.
- Performance management experience.
- Knowledge of small business practices.
- Knowledge of fraud identification.
- Technical acumen;
- Problem-solving and decision-making abilities;
- Analytical skills and a good eye for detail;
- Ability to cope under pressure;
- Planning and organization skills;
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence people;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Commercial awareness;
- Numerical skills and the ability to evaluate costs;
- Ability to understand broad business issues.